Steel briquetting machines turn scrap into revenue
Steel manufacturers can use our briquetting systems to create profit from steel chips, shavings, or sludge.
Instead of wasting time, money, and space on steel scrap—create profit from it
If you work with steel in your manufacturing facility, you regularly watch your expensive steel scrap, processing fluids, and facility floor space disappear. Whether it’s turnings, chips, filings, shavings or sludge, your steel is being wasted. It’s time to take it back.
The benefits of steel briquetting
More than half the steel produced in the United States is made from recycled steel. Are you taking advantage of opportunities to reclaim resources and sell them for max value? A steel briquette machine from RUF Briquetting Systems enables you to reclaim value, keep your operations cleaner, and boost your bottom line.
- Steel briquetting can double the value of your steel scrap compared to loose chips or other recycling methods
- Reduce scrap volume by up to 20:1
- Reuse or recycle the expensive processing fluids squeezed out during the process
- Maintain the quality and purity of the metal
- Reclaim valuable floor space
- Keep the workplace clean and safe
- Eliminate costly disposal fees
LOOK UNDER THE HOOD
RUF briquetters produce a denser, more consistent briquette than other briquetting machines. And, RUF machines are the only proven solution for reclaiming sludge. What makes our machines so different? Take a look under the hood.
ruf: The leading steel briquetting machine manufacturer in North America
It’s our goal to help customers maximize their profits and become more sustainable. With over 5,500 briquetters in operation worldwide, RUF can help you squeeze more value from your steel scrap.
- Excellent ROI: RUF briquetters often pay for themselves within 18 months
- We offer a free briquette test of your material to prove out a solution and demonstrate ROI up front
- RUF briquetting machines are compact and integrate easily into existing production lines
- Our briquetters require little to no supervision and can run 24/7, keeping labor costs low
How are steel briquettes made?
Steel briquettes formed in RUF briquetting machines are made of two simple things: Metal and pressure.
Steel shavings or chips are moved to a pre-charging chamber by a screw conveyor.
A pre-charger presses the steel into the main pressing chamber.
Cutting fluids are removed.
The main pressing ram compresses the steel into the mold and forms the briquette into its final shape and density.
Steel briquettes are pushed out of the machine one at a time.
Interested in increasing revenue and reducing waste?
Let’s discuss integrating steel briquetting into your operations.